Cattawade, Suffolk 22/07/26
A Hudsonian Godwit has been present at Cattawade in Suffolk since 13th July. I'd previously seen the species in 2015 at Meare Heath in Somerset though fancied seeing this latest individual so belatedly travelled to Cattawade today.
On route to Suffolk the news was initially negative but by 10:25 the bird had fortunately been refound according to Birdguides. On our arrival the godwit was on the south bank of the river Stour several hundred yards from the white bridge. It was a moulting adult, typically looking dark in colour. At one point I saw it closer from a public footpath. However, it continued to move closer to the bridge from where other birders were watching, though by the time I'd walked back the bird had flown off.
After that we went to Ramsholt in Suffolk where there are a series of freshwater pools by the riverside. Glossy Ibis had recently been reported here though was not found today. Several Green Sandpiper and a Bittern in flight were seen, and butterflies included a couple of Painted Ladies.
Comments
Post a Comment